Sceneit Customer Terms of Business
- Locations2Click Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09973067, whose registered office is at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ (trading as “Sceneit”’), operates a website www.mysceneit.com (the “Site”), which sources and provides details of holidays, trips and tours themed around television and film franchises (each, an “Experience”) which are available to visitors of the Site to browse, and to purchase from third party tour operators (“Experience Providers”).
- A reference to “we” or “us” is a reference to Sceneit and the Site. A reference to “you” or “your” includes you and anyone who accesses or uses the Site on your behalf and/or via any equipment you own and/or control.
Scope and nature of these terms
It is your responsibility to ensure you read, understand and accept these Terms, along with the terms and conditions of the relevant Experience Provider who will be providing the Experience which are available on the relevant Experience Provider’s information page on the Site (“Provider Terms”). If you have any questions regarding any of these terms and conditions, please contact us using the details in clause 12.
By clicking “I accept” you will be accepting and agreeing to be bound by these terms, and the provider terms. please ensure you review all relevant terms carefully. if you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use the services or make a booking.
The information about Experiences and Experience Providers contained on our Site (including by not limited to the descriptions, images, pictures, data and other content, the “Experience Information”) is sourced by us. While we try to ensure the Experience Information reflects the actual Experiences as closely as possible, we make no representation or warranty about the accuracy, completeness or otherwise of such Experience Information, and you acknowledge and agree the Experience Information is provided solely for information and guidance purposes only.
You should contact us using the details in clause 12 prior to making a booking request if you are concerned about/have any queries regarding the experience information.
- We do not verify if, and cannot guarantee that, the information, content, imagery, photography, data and/or other materials contained in the Provider Terms and any information sourced and/or supplied by Experience Providers (together, the “Provider Information”) is accurate, complete or correct, nor can we be held responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information in the Provider Information. Each Experience Provider remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the Provider Information.
- In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between any of the provisions of these Terms, the provisions in these Terms of Business shall prevail.
- In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between any of the provisions of these Terms and the Provider Terms, the provisions of these Terms shall prevail.
- Our Site does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of the quality, service level, qualification or rating of any Experience Provider or the Experiences it offers.
- Our Site is made available for personal and non-commercial use only. Therefore, you are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, reservations, tickets, products or services available on our Site for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.
- In order to make a Booking Request, you must create a personal account (an “Account”). You must register for your Account by providing your email address or via social media (Google Accounts or Facebook). You must be at least 18 years of age and capable in your country of residence of entering into a legally binding agreement to register for an Account.
- If you create your Account using an email and password, we encourage you to use "strong" passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login details and any activities that occur under your Account. If you have any concerns that your Account may have been misused, you should contact us on the details given in clause 12 straight away to let us know.
- In the event that you breach these Terms, Sceneit may suspend or terminate your access to your Account and the Services. If your access is suspended or terminated you must not attempt to use the services under any other name or by using the access credentials of another person even where you have the permission of that person to do so.
Booking an experience
To purchase any of the Experiences listed on our Site, you are required to log into your Account and submit a booking request, providing the following information (“Booking Information”):
- the name of the Experience you wish to book;
- the number of persons you wish to book for;
- the date(s) you wish to book for, a “Booking Request”.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have considered any requirements or restrictions (such as age or fitness requirements) which are set out in the description of the applicable Experience and the relevant Provider Terms before submitting a Booking Request. You should satisfy yourself that you meet any criteria before submitting a Booking Request. Should you have any queries or concerns regarding the requirements of an Experience, you should contact us using the details in clause 12.
- You warrant and represent all Booking Information you provide to us is accurate, up to date and genuine.
- Once you have submitted your Booking Request, we will send you an email within 48 hours to confirm whether your Booking Request has been accepted or declined by the Experience Provider.
- If you do not receive any email(s) from Sceneit within 24 hours after submitting your Booking Request, please let us know by contacting us using the details in clause 12.
- A binding contract shall not be formed between you and the Experience Provider unless and until you are sent written confirmation accepting your Booking Request on behalf of the Experience Provider, which will take the form of a confirmatory email to be sent to the email address registered on with your Account (“Acceptance Notification”) and the booking status on your Account has been changed to “confirmed”.
- If your Booking Request cannot be accepted by the Experience Provider, we will inform you of this and will not charge you the Booking Price for the Experience.
- Sceneit does not guarantee that any Experience will remain available for any period of time via the Site.
- In accepting these Terms, you acknowledge and agree Sceneit is neither the buyer nor the seller of the Experiences provided by the Experience Providers, nor your agent in helping facilitate the transaction between you and the Experience Provider.
- The Provider Terms are the Experience Provider’s terms and Sceneit is not a party to that contract, nor does it assume any responsibility arising out of or in connection with it, nor is it the Experience Provider’s agent.
- You acknowledge and agree the Experience Provider is entirely responsible for the provision of the applicable Experience, and for dealing with your claims, complaints, rights of redress and/or any other issue arising out of or in connection with the contract between you and the Experience Provider in relation to the Experience. Sceneit will use reasonable endeavours to assist you with any complaint which you cannot resolve with the Experience Provider directly, but is under no obligation to resolve any complaints or issues howsoever arising between you and the Experience Provider. Please refer to clause 13 for details of how to make a complaint.
- You acknowledge and agree the Experience Provider shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, guidance and terms and conditions relating to the relevant Experience you choose to purchase.
Services provided by sceneit
- Booking Request. When you submit a Booking Request in accordance with clause 4, we will notify the relevant Experience Provider and provide your Booking Information, but do not guarantee your Booking Request will be accepted. You acknowledge and agree until we provide you with an Acceptance Notification, and you accept the Provider Terms and authorise payment (in accordance with clause 4.7), all Booking Requests are subject to contract.
- Booking status. Once you have submitted a Booking Request, we will update the status of your Booking Request on your Account accordingly. You can log in to your Account at any time to see whether your Booking Request is pending, has been accepted, or has been declined.
- Payment status. Once an Experience Provider has accepted your Booking Request, we will update the payment status of your Booking Request on your Account accordingly. You can log in to your Account at any time to see whether your card has been charged.
- Direct interaction. We will provide you with the contact details of the Experience Provider in our email confirming your Booking Request has been accepted. The Experience Provider will be given your contact details when we provide the Booking Information. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure your contact details in the Booking Information are accurate and up to date. Sceneit has no control over, does not guarantee and shall not be responsible for the fulfilment of a Booking Request and/or any interaction between you and the Experience Provider.
Without prejudice to our other rights and remedies under these Terms, you acknowledge and agree access to and use of the Site and/or the supply of the Services to you by Sceneit, may be suspended and/or terminated at any time:
- to deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes to the Site;
- to update the Site to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- if you are in breach of these Terms; or
- if an event occurs beyond our reasonable control which affects the Site and/or the supply of Services.
- The final price (inclusive of VAT) for your Experience will be displayed to you prior to submitting your Booking Request, and shall be confirmed in the Acceptance Notification (the “Experience Price”).
- The amount you will be required to pay on submitting the Booking Request will depend on the payment policy of your Experience Provider, as stated in the applicable Provider Terms. You may be required to pay the full Experience Price, or an initial deposit (“Booking Payment”). The Acceptance Notification will inform you of the Booking Payment amount.
- You will be required to provide credit/debit card details when you submit your Booking Request, and your credit/debit card will be pre-authorised by us for the full Booking Payment upon making the Booking Request. By submitting a Booking Request, you are confirming that the payment details provided are valid and correct. If any payment method is rejected, we may contact you requesting an alternative payment method or we may reject your Booking Request.
- Sceneit will charge your credit/debit card for the Booking Payment once your Booking Request has been accepted by the Experience Provider, and we have sent you an Acceptance Notification. Payment for the authorised amount will be safely processed from your credit/debit card to Sceneit’s bank account through our third party payment processor, Stripe.
- You acknowledge and agree the Booking Payment will constitute payment of the whole or part of the Experience Price (as applicable), in full and final settlement, and you cannot reclaim such paid monies.
- If you have any query about an amount that has been charged by us to your credit or debit card, please contact us straight away. In the event that we find a payment has been taken in error we will refund the amount immediately to your credit or debit card.
- You acknowledge and agree Sceneit will be entitled to twenty per cent (20%) of the Experience Price (“Commission”). Sceneit will transfer to the Experience Provider the Booking Payment less the Commission, pro-rated as applicable (“Provider Payment”). The Experience Provider shall pay any outstanding Commission to Sceneit on payment by you of any remaining instalment(s) of the Experience Price.
- Where the Booking Payment constitutes part of the Experience Price, you may be required to pay the Experience Provider directly for such outstanding amount in accordance with the applicable Provider Terms. You acknowledge, accept and agree Sceneit will have no responsibility for notifying you and/or reminding you when such additional payments are due and payable, and shall not accept any liability incurred by you in respect of any late of missed payments.
Cancellation, no show and adjustments to bookings
- If, prior to receiving an Acceptance Notification, you wish to cancel your Booking Request, or change the booking dates or party size in your Booking Request, you must let us know within 24 hours of submitting the Booking Request by contacting us using the details in clause 12. Any request to change the details of, the Booking Request shall be granted at the discretion of the Experience Provider and we do not guarantee any such request will be granted.
- By making a Booking Request with an Experience Provider, you accept and agree to the terms relating to cancellation, no-show and adjustments to bookings of that Experience Provider contained in the Provider Terms (made available on our Experience Provider information pages, and in the Acceptance Notification). Policies may vary between Experience Providers and/or between Experiences.
- If you wish to review, adjust or cancel your booking after you have received an Acceptance Notification, you may be charged in accordance with the Provider's Terms, or not be entitled to repayment of all or part of the Price.
Our liability to you
- All Experiences purchased via the Site are provided by Experience Providers and not Sceneit, and Sceneit is not responsible, and disclaims any liability, for the, validity, quality, suitability, fitness and due disclosure of the Experience and makes no representations, warranties or conditions of any kind in this respect, whether implied, statutory or otherwise, including any implied warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose. You acknowledge and agree that the relevant Experience Provider is solely responsible and assumes all responsibility and liability in respect of the Experience (including any warranties and representations made by the Experience Provider).
- Where loss has been caused to you by an Experience Provider, please refer to the Provider Terms, which are available on the relevant Experience Provider’s information page, and provided to you in the Acceptance Notification.
You acknowledge, accept and agree neither Sceneit, nor its directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the Site and its contents is/are able:
- to guarantee the accuracy, completeness or suitability, and/or independently verify and/or confirm the accuracy of the Experience Information and/or the Provider Information; and/or
- to accept any liability for any reliance placed on the Experience Information and/or Provider Information.
It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself of the validity, accuracy, completeness and suitability of the Experience Information and/or Provider Information.
You acknowledge, accept and agree neither Sceneit, nor its directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the Site, has any control over, guarantees or is responsible for:
- the quality, safety or legality of any of the Experiences listed on our Site;
- the quality of service offered by an Experience Provider, including their compliance with all applicable laws; and/or
- the quality, suitability, safety and/or legality of any of the Experiences listed on our Site.
- Neither Sceneit, nor its directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the Site, shall be liable or responsible for the remittance, collection, withholding or payment of the relevant taxes due on the Booking Price to the relevant tax authorities.
- We only supply the Site and the Services for domestic and private use. If you use the Site and/or Services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from these Terms.
Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes the liability of Sceneit for:
- death or personal injury resulting from its negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Subject to clauses 8.1 to 8.8 above, Sceneit will be responsible for the loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms and or our negligence, but we will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if the loss or damage was an obvious consequence of our breach or if the loss or damage was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the contract. The maximum loss or damage we will be responsible for under this clause 8.9 is limited to the Booking Price you paid us when using the Services to purchase an Experience to which the loss or damage you suffer relates (whether for one event or series of connected events).
- Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights. Advice about your statutory rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- It is important that you have sufficient insurance in place to cover you (and your group) whilst you are away and it is a condition of booking and Expereince that you have such suitable insurance cover in place. Please ensure that you have a valid travel insurance policy in place from the time of booking, to cover you for the countries and activities you may be undertaking on your holiday.
Intellectual property rights
- All content, data and associated present and future copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in, or used in connection with, the Site, is our property (or that of our licensors) and nothing in these Terms shall be taken to transfer any such rights (including associated goodwill) to you.
If you have a query about these Terms, a complaint relating to the Site, your Account and/or any aspect of the Services, or wish to contact us for any other reason (including notifying us of a dispute with an Experience Provider), please contact us using the following email address: email@example.com.
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of an Experience you have booked through the Services and wish to complain, please raise this with the relevant Experience Provider directly. It is important you advise us as well as the Experience Provider so we can both help to put things right without delay.
- If you have a complaint relating to the Site, your Account and/or any aspect of the Services, in the first instance please contact us at the details given in clause 12 and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally.
- In the unlikely event that we are not able to resolve the dispute informally, we will discuss with you the most effective way of resolving the dispute using mediation or arbitration based on the nature of the dispute.
- These Terms, your Booking Request and the applicable Provider Terms constitute the entire agreement between us with you. You are not relying on, and shall have no remedies in respect of, any other statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) in relation to your Experience. Nothing in this paragraph shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, and we will do our best to notify you if this happens, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- These Terms are made between you and us. No third party will have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provision in the Terms.
- Nothing in these Terms is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or joint venture between us. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not act as an agent for you in relation to negotiating or concluding any contract between you and any Experience Provider.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of you breaching any of the clause in these Terms, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you immediately, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Each of the clauses of these Terms operates separately. If any court or any other relevant authority decides that any of these paragraphs (or any part therein) are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs (and parts therein) will remain in full force and effect.
We may modify or update these Terms from time to time at our sole discretion and for reasons including (without limitation):
- changes in how our business operates;
- changes in the legal or regulatory requirements that we must comply with; or
- changes in how we accept payment from you.
- We will notify you of any material changes to these Terms either using the usual method of communication we use to contact you or using a notice on our website or app. For the avoidance of doubt, this does not apply to confirmed bookings.
- These Terms and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation.
- If you are a resident of an EU country other than England and Wales, you may also bring proceedings in your country of residence under the laws of that country.
These Terms were last updated on 15 November 2018.